Well pump cycling with sprinklers

Users who are viewing this thread

Clearlyviewing

Reaction score
Whenever I run my sprinkler system, my well pump will cycle on for about 1:40 and then off for :40. The output of the sprinkler system is obviously not matching the output of the pump. I am afraid the pump with cycle itself to death. I’m wondering if adjusting some of the sprinkler nozzles (Hunter PGP) to a higher output nozzle will help solve this problem? Or is there a better solution? Pump is set to 40/60.
Thanks for the help!

Reach4

Reaction score
I’m wondering if adjusting some of the sprinkler nozzles (Hunter PGP) to a higher output nozzle will help solve this problem?
I suspect replacing nozzles to higher gpm could cause the pressure to settle in the 50 psi, give or take, level.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Whenever I run my sprinkler system, my well pump will cycle on for about 1:40 and then off for :40. The output of the sprinkler system is obviously not matching the output of the pump. I am afraid the pump with cycle itself to death. I’m wondering if adjusting some of the sprinkler nozzles (Hunter PGP) to a higher output nozzle will help solve this problem? Or is there a better solution? Pump is set to 40/60.
Thanks for the help!

Like has been said, either put on enough sprinklers to keep the pump from cycling itself to death or use a Cycle Stop Valve so you can water anyway you want without hurting the pump.

LSG

Reaction score
Thanks for the help!

What did you end up doing?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks