Weird leach line assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Adam Reid-Marr

Reaction score
So, I'm doing a leach field repair. The repair itself seems easy, but I've never seen a system like this before, and I'd like to understand it. If you look in the picture, that white pipe to the right is 4" perforated PVC coming from the septic tank. And then it goes back to perforated PVC on the left after going a couple feet underground. Everything else is regular ABS. The whole assembly is about 40 feet from the tank outlet. I'm pretty sure it's just a stepped leach line, but I figured I'd post on here just in case. Do any of you know what this is? Thanks in advance.
IMG_20160725_141908355.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160725_141908355.jpg
    IMG_20160725_141908355.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
It does apear to be a step-down
At the end of the trench before it steps down, the pipe is elevated so the entire depth of the trench is filled before any effluent flows over and into the lower section of the trench.

This is from the California rules:
On sloping grounds, to compensate for excessive line slope, leach lines and leach beds shall be stepped. The lines between each horizontal section shall be made with watertight joints and shall be designed so each horizontal dispersal trench or bed shall be utilized to the maximum capacity before the effluent shall pass to the next lower leach line or bed.

Adam Reid-Marr

Reaction score
It does apear to be a step-down
At the end of the trench before it steps down, the pipe is elevated so the entire depth of the trench is filled before any effluent flows over and into the lower section of the trench.

This is from the California rules:
On sloping grounds, to compensate for excessive line slope, leach lines and leach beds shall be stepped. The lines between each horizontal section shall be made with watertight joints and shall be designed so each horizontal dispersal trench or bed shall be utilized to the maximum capacity before the effluent shall pass to the next lower leach line or bed.

Awesome. Thanks for taking the time, I really appreciate it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks