Water supply line centered behind toilet - will this cause any problems?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by r2traps, Jul 6, 2010.

1. r2traps

r2traps New Member

I will be replacing the old toilet in my bathroom basement with a Toto Eco Drake. As you can see from the photos below, the supply line is centered directly behind the toilet. It doesn't seem to cause any problems with the current toilet, but wanted to check with the experts on this forum before I went ahead and installed the Toto.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I can't really tell what you have now, it sure looks like a hack job. The pipe could be shortened and a new compression valve installed that would be closer to the wall. It also would not be a very difficult job to open the wall, and reroute the pipe to a more suitable position.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Most of the Toto toilets would hit the supply placed right behind like that.
    You could use a Toto Dalton or an Aquia though.

5. r2traps

r2traps New Member

Thanks for the replies Gary & Terry. I'm open to altering the piping to make the Eco Drake fit properly. Would shortening the pipe be sufficient, or would the toilet work better if the pipe was rerouted to Toto's suggested location (6" from the center of the toilet and 8" high from the floor)?

6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Even 3" to the left would work on the Drake.