Water softener making clicking sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

MartinG1

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I have a Hague model 94 mm that's making a clicking sound. It sounds as if the relay (or is it a piston) clicks on/off in a cyclic manner when it's plugged in. Maybe the piston is stuck? The display works so I know I'm getting power to it but maybe not enough current? The water softener never regenerates so I'm getting hard water. I've surfed the web to no avail. Please advise and thanks in advance!

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
It sounds as if something is stuck and the motor gearing is skipping or a clutch lets go. I don't know much if anything about a Hague control valve but it might be a highly modified timer on a Fleck 5600.

Go to Hague's web site and see if you can download a manual if you don't have one or call their dealer in your area for service.

I suggest that next time you don't buy a proprietary control valve or softener so you can fix it yourself with parts you can get from many other locations.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks