Water levels

Users who are viewing this thread

Bodrey

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new toilet to replace the 13L A/S model I have now. I've got my eye on the Cadet 3 and although it's a 6L toilet I was hoping to find a 4L model or perhaps a dual-flush 3/6L model. Parts for the A/S Flowise have to come direct from the manufacturer so it's off my list (I only have one bathroom in my house so I can't afford to wait for replacement parts!). Does anyone know if it's possible to lower the water level of the Cadet 3 and still have it function as it should? Otherwise, can someone recommend a 4L (or low-flow dual-flush) toilet

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
American Standard toilets do not measure up to quality standards according to most of the professional plumbers that frequent this forum. You would be well advised to get a Toto brand toilet. Unless you live in Canada, you can not buy an old full flow toilet. They have been illegal in the US since 1992. It is not the volume of water that make a good toilet, it is the engineering that has gone into it.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I have not seen a 4L ( 1.0 GPF) toilet. What we are seeing here, and under mandatory phase in here in Calif., is 1.28 GPF, which is accomplished by dual flush, 1.6 GPF for #2, and less than 1.0 GPF for #1. They use a formula for the ratio of #1's to #2's and that is how they arrive at the 1.28 figure.

A design feature of a lot of the best flushers is a low water spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I sell a lot of the WaterSense rated toilets. 1.28 gallons or less.

Big sellers are the Eco Drakes and the Dual Flush Aquia

Southern CA and parts of Washington state are giving big rebates to install these things.

Here the rebates can be as high as $100 a toilet, and up to three for househould.

WaterSense Toilets for Los Angeles and the Seattle Area

Last edited:

Probedude

Reaction score
Southern CA and parts of Washington state are giving big rebates to install these things.

There is no longer a big rebate for So. Cal (ended at the end of 2008). The new rebate is only $100 but they removed the requirement that the old toilet be greater than 1.6gpf to qualify. Now it doesn't matter what you are replacing as long as the new toilet is watersense rated (1.28gpf).

Dave

nanoec

Reaction score
I put in a 1.28 gpf Eco Ultramax one piece last week and we are very happy with it. Installation was easy and the waterspot is what I would call normal. It has worked great and looks great too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks