Washing machine trap question. Shower drain question

Users who are viewing this thread

Caryncbreeef

Reaction score
When rough plumbing (IPC) a washer does the trap need to be one with a plug cleanout or compression fitting instead of glued? I read the code but not sure. I will have a T cleanout on the vent line

Quick question about shower pan drain. My unit came with one of those 2 inch drains that thread to the fiberglass pan, but it’s not a glue tape to the drain tail , it is a rubber type seal. Any thoughts on these? Seems sketchy but I’ll take the Pro thoughts. Thanks

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
When rough plumbing (IPC) a washer does the trap need to be one with a plug cleanout or compression fitting instead of glued? I read the code but not sure. I will have a T cleanout on the vent line

Quick question about shower pan drain. My unit came with one of those 2 inch drains that thread to the fiberglass pan, but it’s not a glue tape to the drain tail , it is a rubber type seal. Any thoughts on these? Seems sketchy but I’ll take the Pro thoughts. Thanks
1. No you don't need a cleanout trap.

2. Are you asking about a no caulk drain? Brass ones are good. Plastic not so much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks