Shower drain out of plumb

Users who are viewing this thread

djv

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm renovating a shower, building a shower pan using Oatey Pre Slope and Oatey PVC pan liner with 2" of dry pack on top. I just realized that the shower drain is out of plumb by about 1/4" per foot, which is what the drain pipe pitch is and I see other posts asking the same question. Should I just screw the drain flange to the subfloor as the ABS pipe has some flex or should I re-do the P trap trying to tilt the riser to compensate for 1/4" pitch? I guess putting some strain on the pipe is not good, but on the other hand I'm not sure whether I can make it perfectly plumb by holding the riser when the glue sets in. I'm just a DIYer renovating my own shower.

PXL_20240310_222315498.jpg

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks