Want to re-route washer/sink drain... question about vent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Tireshark

Reaction score
I have two separate 4" drain pipes that my fixtures connect to, and I want to move 2 fixtures to the other pipe.

Here is a diagram of the situation. Everything is in the crawlspace, and everything is vertical except for the 2 drain pipes, and the line I want to move.

uMxWySo.png

Will this work? If so, where should I connect the line I want to move?

Thanks for any help. Location is Arkansas.

Last edited:

Tireshark

Reaction score
I might have made the description more complicated than it needs to be.

I guess the question is can I connect the new drain system to the existing vent? If so, where should I locate the vent on that drain system.

Reach4

Reaction score
I might have made the description more complicated than it needs to be.

I guess the question is can I connect the new drain system to the existing vent? If so, where should I locate the vent on that drain system.
Still not clear. Does everything in your picture stay? It is also unclear what is horizontal and what is vertical.

Tub 1 trap has to be vented after the trap and while the pipe is still horizontal. Same with tub 2, but tub 2 has another problem if you will want to wet vent. Arkansas plumbing code is based on 2006 IPC. You might be able to wet vent tub 2 if the trap arm from tub 2 comes in upstream of where the kitchen waste joins the bathroom waste. I am not sure.

You will want to join wet vented stuff with horizontal wyes, I think.

I am not a plumber. https://wabo.memberclicks.net/assets/pdfs/Plumbing_Venting_Brochure_2018.pdf is about 2018 IPC, and I think some things are more permissive than in the 2006 IPC.

Tireshark

Reaction score
Hey Reach, thanks for the info. Yeah my diagram may have been too complicated. Here's a simplified version of what I want to do.

Everything is vertical except for the 2 drain pipes, and the line I want to cut. Also there is a vent at washer/sink 1 that i forgot about.

uMxWySo.png

Tireshark

Reaction score
Here's a more concise diagram of what I want to do.

Sorry if I'm bumping too much... this will be the last time, for this updated diagram.

gkynT6p.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks