Want to re-route washer/sink drain... question about vent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Tireshark

Reaction score
I have two separate 4" drain pipes that my fixtures connect to, and I want to move 2 fixtures to the other pipe.

Here is a diagram of the situation. Everything is in the crawlspace, and everything is vertical except for the 2 drain pipes, and the line I want to move.

uMxWySo.png

Will this work? If so, where should I connect the line I want to move?

Thanks for any help. Location is Arkansas.

Last edited:

Tireshark

Reaction score
I might have made the description more complicated than it needs to be.

I guess the question is can I connect the new drain system to the existing vent? If so, where should I locate the vent on that drain system.

Reach4

Reaction score
I might have made the description more complicated than it needs to be.

I guess the question is can I connect the new drain system to the existing vent? If so, where should I locate the vent on that drain system.
Still not clear. Does everything in your picture stay? It is also unclear what is horizontal and what is vertical.

Tub 1 trap has to be vented after the trap and while the pipe is still horizontal. Same with tub 2, but tub 2 has another problem if you will want to wet vent. Arkansas plumbing code is based on 2006 IPC. You might be able to wet vent tub 2 if the trap arm from tub 2 comes in upstream of where the kitchen waste joins the bathroom waste. I am not sure.

You will want to join wet vented stuff with horizontal wyes, I think.

I am not a plumber. https://wabo.memberclicks.net/assets/pdfs/Plumbing_Venting_Brochure_2018.pdf is about 2018 IPC, and I think some things are more permissive than in the 2006 IPC.

Tireshark

Reaction score
Hey Reach, thanks for the info. Yeah my diagram may have been too complicated. Here's a simplified version of what I want to do.

Everything is vertical except for the 2 drain pipes, and the line I want to cut. Also there is a vent at washer/sink 1 that i forgot about.

uMxWySo.png

Tireshark

Reaction score
Here's a more concise diagram of what I want to do.

Sorry if I'm bumping too much... this will be the last time, for this updated diagram.

gkynT6p.png