Wall mount Roman tub faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Tex13

Reaction score
I'm having a free standing 70 gallon tub installed. Im having an old sunken roman tile tub filled in. I want to keep the wall mount faucet. I was told by the installer to use a Delta T17 tempassure shower controller w a Delta tub spout. But I found out that would only have a 5 gpm. I have 75 psi water pressure.
Can I use a California Faucet wall mount Tub Spout which has a 10 gpm with the delta controller? Will it compromise the gpm? Or should I use all California faucet controller & valve parts?
Thanks

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
What size supply lines do you have? You can only run so much water through a 1/2 inch pipe. For a big roman tub you need at least 3/4 inch supply lines and a 3/4 inch valve if you . You brand of tub spout doesn't matter.

Tex13

Reaction score
What size supply lines do you have? You can only run so much water through a 1/2 inch pipe. For a big roman tub you need at least 3/4 inch supply lines and a 3/4 inch valve if you . You brand of tub spout doesn't matter.
Thanks for the quick response.... So the valve in the wall will not effect the spout flow rate.

I will not know what size the supply line is, until they dismantle the wall. I had a roman tub before, it's from the late 60s, and never had trouble filling it. So hopefully it's a 3 quarter inch. If not can it be changed? They are bringing the drain up to floor level, it's a slab foundation.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If your valve is late 60's, I would make sure you can still get parts for it. When a wall is open it's a good time to change it.

Tex13

Reaction score
Yes I plan to get a new valve along with a new controller & spout & drain. I was wondering if it turns out the supply line is half inch (I'm hoping it's 3 quarter) can the supply line be switched?

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you have access it can be switched. Are you on a slab or crawlspace?

Last edited:

Tex13

Reaction score
Slab, but like I saId they have to get down to the ptrap to put in the new drain.
Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks