picture is ok.

Note: I accidentally wrote 6" from source in the

picture when I meant 6'

Thanks,

Steve

http://nuendoschool.com/pl.jpg

bigtigmn

Reaction score
Also the distance from the shower train to the coupling is about 4'. It is a 2" line.

Thanks for any help guys.

Steve

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
This wouldn't be allowed here. The first problem is you've set up an "S" trap for the shower; not allowed. Next, to go from vertical to horizontal you need a wye or combi-wye (wye+1/8 bend); sanitary tees aren't allowed for this direction change. Third, going from horizontal to horizontal requires a wye or combi-wye also. The only place a sanitary tee is allowed is going from horizontal to vertical. You might be able to do an inline double wye 3x3x3x2.

bigtigmn

Reaction score
Spaceman Spiff said:
This wouldn't be allowed here. The first problem is you've set up an "S" trap for the shower; not allowed. Next, to go from vertical to horizontal you need a wye or combi-wye (wye+1/8 bend); sanitary tees aren't allowed for this direction change. Third, going from horizontal to horizontal requires a wye or combi-wye also. The only place a sanitary tee is allowed is going from horizontal to vertical. You might be able to do an inline double wye 3x3x3x2.

I'm a little confused and think I didn't explain correctly also. The shower drain is using a P Trap and then traveling horitzontally and dumping into the top of the picture with a 90.

The Toitel comes out of the flange with a long 90 and travels about 5' on a decent slope and meets up with picture.

Is this any better or worse?

Steve

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
spaceman's point is that your principal fitting..the 3" san_tee with 2" side inlet in not allowed to be used flat like that. It can only be used vertical.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks