Hello! Please be gentle as I'm just looking for advice~

Users who are viewing this thread

Mromano578

Reaction score
Hello!
My name is Matt and I'm a home owner who is going to try to tackle an impossible project, but hopefully, with the support of this website and forum I can make this work!

The build I"m doing is way out in the middle of the northern edge of Massachusetts- it's pretty remote and my wife and I need a little more space in our house. We are planning on building a "she shed" and I would like to tie the plumbing into the house so we can have a small restroom out there for her.

The floor plan we using is this.
Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 4.32.20 PM.png

We are planning on using simple shed construction (2x4 walls and 2x6 roof) and I'm not sure how to lay out the under slab (planning on pouring a 6 inch slab) and venting. If anyone can explain how I'm going to pick up all these drains in a simple way I would appreciate it. Again, we are just in the beginning phases and I really want tackle this on my own, we are pretty remote and I really am excited about the challenge.

I found this picture on this website and I was hoping someone could help me understand how to set this up.
oz-plumbing-2.jpg

The site plan is the general lay out of where the house is in relation to the ADU and the line is where the sewer pipe from the house is laid, more or less (in other words the sewer line is coming from under the ADU at an angle)
Shed site plan.png

Thank you again. I know is the upper limit of my ability and I'm willing to listen and learn!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks