Vent Question

Users who are viewing this thread

crosby1

Reaction score
Does a vent have to be a straight run or can it incorporate 90 degree right angles? I'm re-doing a shower stall; one wall is going to be glass block...right in the middle of that wall is a vent, so I'm wondering if I can simply re-route the vent to the other side of the stall using 90 degree connections and then up to the attic to meet up with the existing vent there?

thanks.

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes, a vent can have offsets in it. Codes have formulas regarding the distance the vent can travel horizontally. They also have requirements regarding the number of fixture units that can be handled by a particular size vent, though it's possible that neither of these would be factors in your case.

crosby1

Reaction score
thanks herk.

basically all i want to do is re-route the vent from "A" to the other wall "B".

the vent is between the jacuzzi tub and the shower stall.

i'd run the new vent under the shower floor and up the wall marked "B" in the photo. then in the attic, back across to stack "A".

i hope this is clear.

thanks again.

pietre.

Attachments

• IMG_0042 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0042 (Medium).jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 301

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Not sure what your plan is, but the one big restriction is the vent CANNOT run horizontal ( less than 45º) until it it at least 42" higher than the floor.

crosby1

Reaction score
thanks.

there's actually going to a knee-wall on the left to about 48". i think i'll run the new vent in that wall and then run it vertically up the back.

thanks for the suggestions.

p.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks