Valve for fridge water line

Users who are viewing this thread

Kathleen Scott

Reaction score
I had a GE Monogram built-in fridge with water and ice maker. I just bought a built-in Dacor fridge with water and ice maker. The installers for the new fridge told me they cannot install the water line because the new fridge requires a 45 degree valve for the water line. A plumber came to my house and looked at the existing water line valve said he didn't know what a 45 degree valve was. So I talked with another plumber who did not know it either. These are experienced plumbers, but not refrigeration experts.

I am attaching two pictures. The one on the left is what the installers are requiring. The one on the right is my existing line.

Does anyone know the correct name for this valve and where I can order it?

Thank you.

Kathleen Scott
kathleenscott2009@gmail.com

45 degree water line valve.png
Existing water line valve.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Sounds like the installers didn't want to bother. As the plumbers you called on are correct, no such thing for ice/water line connection. The only clue is since the water line connection comes straight out there could be an interference problem. The existing one if it is a compression fitting, it can be turned slightly so it comes out of the box at a 45º angle. If it is a threaded fitting, it should also be able to be turned.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
They make a 90 degree that threads onto the 1/4" OD compression stop.

index.php

I know why the plumbers didn't try spinning it

dahl-621-08-30.jpg

That comes in one piece and spinning could break the pipes in the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks