Using existing tub water/drain for sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Fidget

Reaction score
Im installing a wet bar sink on the backside of an existing bathroom wall that has access to the tub overflow drain pipe as well as the 3/4 water pipes serving the tub from the main. I want to T the sink drain off the overflow drain coming from the tub and run the water off the tub water pipes. I dont know if this is to code or not. The sink drain trap and vent (interior) will be prior to drain pipe entering the wall and doing a 90 degree down to the overflow pipe on the tub. If T ng into the O/F drain is not good, I have, close by and accessible, a 4 inch sanitary stack with clean outs that I can tap as well. Again, dont know if this is doable via code. I live in Virginia and will be going to the County offices on Monday. Just want to know if Im in the ball park.

Fidget

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks