UPC LOS ANGELES HORIZONTAL WET VENT LAYOUT

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumbob401k

Union plumber
Reaction score
Hey my plumbing friends need help on understanding this horizontal wet vent according to the UPC because I see a lot of layouts but in the book UPC it shows different. Can we wet vent like this? Here is an example btw its LA our inspectors are tough

horizontal wet vent los angeles.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Upper floor or slab? It looks good for the upper floor, a basement would need an end of line cleanout. The double lav is normally a good location for that.

horizontal-wet-vent-los-angeles.jpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
That wet vent looks fine, assuming it complies with the 42" maximum trap arm length (and 1-1/2" maximum fall) on the tub trap arm, plus the 6' maximum toilet fixture drain length.

As to your question in the picture, yes, the WC is definitely the downstream most fixture in that bathroom group. One way to look at it is like this: label each segment of pipe with the fixtures that drain through it. Obviously each fixture has some pipe that carries only that fixture's drainage; those are the fixture drains, which for each lav and the tub coincide with the trap arms, in this case.

The drains carrying multiple fixtures are the branch drains, and what combinations do we have? We have double lav ; double lav plus tub; and double lav, tub, and WC. The progression of fixtures joining: first the double lav, then the tub joins, then the WC joins, that is the order of the fixtures. The pipe sizes don't come into it.

[Note that between the two lavs it doesn't make any sense to say one is more upstream than the other. All you can do is identify the upstream most joint between drains, which is where the two lavs join.]

Cheers, Wayne

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
good info from wayne union plumbing doesn't have much horizontal wet venting does it Plumbbob401k? if trap arm on tub is long a 2 inch arm and trap works. As mentioned C/O might be issue run 3 inch w cot under the lav if need be!
Went to Highschool out plumbbobs way Taft High woodland hills, You munt be a 78 or 761 Hand, yea LA inspection can be tough but isn't always bad it has its share of bootleg crap too like everywhere but a lot of fine work too

Plumbob401k

Union plumber
Reaction score
Cool guys !!that damm wye just threw me off i taught it was downstream from the toilet so basically take it or view it as it slopes what is the lowest fixture wich looks like the toilet it just threw me off cus they dont show this layout in the book but i just want to look at easier ways and master this wet vent shit lol
btw it is for a second floor unit and im local 761 guys thanks and cheers

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
plumbob im no whiz at horizontal wet venting but learned a lot on here . in any case the 3x3x2 wye is downstream of the w/c so thats why your all good to go!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks