Undersink Disposal Help (Virginia)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zack M

Reaction score
I am a self proclaimed DIYer, I always endeavor to do things right but normally it takes a couple swings before I get there!

I installed this disposal a couple of years ago. I have not had any issues with clogs or water smell. I want to raise the line from the right sink to get it above the waste outlet because I'm worried about water collecting in the line, which I know it does to the right of the p-trap.

The issue is the waste outlet comes out right behind the disposal making it difficult to work around. And I can’t get the p-trap past the disposal which I reversed which might be a bad thing? I’m a little confused how to make it work the best way without using flex tubing or multiple 90 bends. I currently see 2 options:

1 - Try to rotate the disposer waste line to the aft so that it goes straight down to the p-trap.

2 - Run a 45 off the p-trap to connect at the disposals present position.

Any advice or letting me know what massive flaws in my work I have done would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_9271.jpeg
    IMG_9271.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9274.jpeg
    IMG_9274.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9272.jpeg
    IMG_9272.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9273.jpeg
    IMG_9273.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
That output that you have from the disposal is called a curved discharge tube. A straight discharge tube may be useful. Those are often included with a disposal installation kit.

You could play with the pieces, and you would have a lot of stuff left over.

See the pictures in post #4 of https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/garbage-disposal-plumbing-done-wrong.59911/

Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Yes: 2-ish
The 45 out of the wall is good, then new tubular p-trap to connect at the disposals present position.
Your p trap needs to be under the disposal drain. the long waste arm needs to raise up, travel to the Disposal tailpiece with the tee up high.
never put a tee on its back.
Ptrap arm needs to be coming from the 45 and hit under the disposal drain. rotate if necessary

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks