Tying sink into drain line

Users who are viewing this thread

Jack the Contractor

Reaction score
Guys - great site. I’ve been a reader for a while but am now a poster. I am building a big outdoor kitchen for a customer under a coastal house that is up on stilts/columns. The drain for the house hugs one of the columns. It is 3” PVC Until about 3’ above pavement. There is a clean out and then it adapts to 4” PVC for the remaining couple feet. My question is: is it possible to tap into the 4” pipe below the clean out to connect the new outdoor kitchen sink drain? I will try and post a pic if I can. Thanks in advance!

Jack the Contractor

Reaction score
Guys - great site. I’ve been a reader for a while but am now a poster. I am building a big outdoor kitchen for a customer under a coastal house that is up on stilts/columns. The drain for the house hugs one of the columns. It is 3” pvc Until about 3’ above pavement. There is a clean out and then it adapts to 4” pvc for the remaining couple feet. My question is: is it possible to tap into the 4” pipe below the clean out to connect the new outdoor kitchen sink drain? I will try and post a pic if I can. Thanks in advance!

I don't see why you couldn't tie in below the cleanout. That's done pretty often.
Thanks Terry! Great to get your response! In this case where there is no “give” in the line, would you use a saddle fitting reducer to get to 1-1/2”? Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• 4A8D694D-AAB6-4B1B-9F4E-F96302759878.jpeg
    4A8D694D-AAB6-4B1B-9F4E-F96302759878.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 139

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Either repair couplings with a santee or shielded couplings on that. You will need to vent the p-trap on that as you don't want sewer gas in the outdoor kitchen while cooking. It's bad enough when the venting on the roof swirls the smells back downward with wind.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks