Tub spout on opposite wall as valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris81

Reaction score
I know this has been touched on before but I’m doing a Reno and for reasons not worth going into the spout/diverter must be on the opposite side of the tub as the valve/shower head. I understand the issues but my question is this: can I add more pipe length to the mix line going from the valve to the shower head to compensate for the added distance from the valve to the spout. I.E run the pipe from the valve down the wall cavity and then up again to the shower head

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds like some hokey stuff test it befor you close the walls install the tub valve and shower head see how they work.

mokume

Reaction score
I know this has been touched on before but I’m doing a Reno and for reasons not worth going into the spout/diverter must be on the opposite side of the tub as the valve/shower head. I understand the issues but my question is this: can I add more pipe length to the mix line going from the valve to the shower head to compensate for the added distance from the valve to the spout. I.E run the pipe from the valve down the wall cavity and then up again to the shower head
Clarification needed here:
Does your existing valve not have an outlet port to the tub diverter?, i.e. is it a 4 port design? Is the diverter built into the valve itself or strictly at the spout?
I'm confused as to why you would need any "compensatory" pipe...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks