Tub spout for faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Eeyore

Reaction score
I took my faucet off the wall to replace it. Then I noticed the copper supply line is only an inch and a quarter past the wall. I can't find a faucet that would fit on the supply line without leaking. What can I do?

Reach4

Reaction score
I took my faucet off the wall to replace it. Then I noticed the copper supply line is only an inch and a quarter past the wall. I can't find a faucet that would fit on the supply line without leaking. What can I do?
Solder a coupling and another piece of copper pipe to extend to the length you want. The coupler for 1/2 inch will probably be about 0.63 od.

https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/copper-pipe-too-short-to-install-tub-spout.40016/ shows putting a threaded adapter on the end, but I think you could just solder to the adapter to pipe as an alternative.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The alternative to a slip-on spout would be to solder on bits, for this sort of thing, I like the Delta spout. Not all tub spouts are created equal, some only need a minimum of 1-1/4" projecting from the wall for a slip-on, a bit less for one that might need to solder on an adapter.

We're assuming you meant the spout, and not the valve, as described in the title. Your first post is a little misleading.

delta-lahara-04.jpg

delta-lahara-07.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks