Tub flange extends horizontally

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Henry

Reaction score
Purchased a Jacuzzi Primo 6032 tub from Lowe’s. The first arrived smashed, I rejected it and had a replacement ordered. I unboxed the replacement today and inspected. The integral tile flange, which should be vertical, ends with a horizontal curve that extends 1/4 - 1/2 inch on all 3 sides. The unit is supposed to be 60 +0 - 1/4”, but with the horizontal portion of the flange is now 60 1/2 - 3/4” making it larger than the existing rough-in alcove at 60 1/4”.

So, usual challenge, do I reject it and wait another month, trim the horizontal portion of the flange and void the warranty on the acrylic, or notch the studs and trim out? Or is there another option for this type of situation?

Reach4

Reaction score
So, usual challenge, do I reject it and wait another month, trim the horizontal portion of the flange and void the warranty on the acrylic, or notch the studs and trim out? Or is there another option for this type of situation?
If the warranty was your main concern against trimming, I suspect you could ask if they want to stipulate that would not void the warranty, or would they rather you reject the tub. I suspect they would be willing to give you a stipulation in a way acceptable to you.