Trouble with skirted Toto Vespin and supply line clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

jimpc

Reaction score
Just got a Toto Vespin II before realizing that the shutoff valve needed to be 5.5" off center. Mine is 5" off center. Toilet is basically a 12.5" rough in, that's where the bolts are from the tiled wall. However I'm not getting the clearance I was expecting from the wall. I;m not even sure I have enough clearance to utilize the Dahl E33-2386-A.

Here are some pictures:

1) Valve clearance off center
IMG_20180125_161539.jpg

2) Rough in length

IMG_20180125_161602.jpg

3) The clearance it looks like I'll have when the toilet is set up.

IMG_20180125_161826.jpg

So what do you guys think? Think the Dahl skirted toilet valve will work? What if I get the unifit 10" rough in adapter to give me 2 more inches?

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
You have a few options here. Here's one. 5/8th compression x 1/2 mip 90. And thread this valve on. People will give you more options as this came up before

Attachments

• brass-compression-male-90-elbow.jpg
    brass-compression-male-90-elbow.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 269
  • brasscraft-shut-off-valves-or07x-c1-64_1000.jpg
    brasscraft-shut-off-valves-or07x-c1-64_1000.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 290

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I carry this Dahl valve on the truck.

dahl_stop_3.jpg

If you need more clearance, you can remove the escutcheon and in put the nut a bit into the wall.
Other options are sweating a copper 90 there and a short piece of pipe, Or even a Sharkbite 90 to move it over.

dahl_stop_2.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
So what do you guys think? Think the Dahl skirted toilet valve will work? What if I get the unifit 10" rough in adapter to give me 2 more inches?
There is some adjustment range in the Unifit slots that the closet bolts go through. I would put in your valve. That right-angle Dahl would be nice. Obviously you will put on a new escutcheon. If you think you want a little more side clearance to the valve, mount the Unifit a little to the right of center. The only complication is that you want the toilet base to cover an remaining rough stuff that is on the tiles. It looks like you could probably scrape some of that off if you needed to.

Maybe you could make marks thru the cover holes, thru the Unifit holes onto the floor while the unit is dry fit. That way you would know where the mounting holes will need to be drilled.

One nice thing about the Unfit, there is no problem adding or adjusting shims before you caulk. The wax will all be under the Unifit. I lubed the rubber where the toilet fits into the unifit with silicone grease. I have it. I use it when I work with a rubber seal. That is not the norm for the unifit, I know.

Do not go to a 10 inch Unifit. Things are not that drastic.

dahl-toto-angle-stop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jimpc

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for all the help. I got it done. Once again you guys are the best.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks