Trench Drain instead of shower curb?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jacob

Reaction score
I am remodeling a small guest bathroom and have no option to enlarge it. I am thinking a curbless shower would feel larger and may allow a couple of inches more room in the shower. With a glass wall and sliding glass door dividing the shower from the rest of the bathroom.
With to old shower having a sunken floor. I can provide the proper slope without Having to raising the height of the shower floor above the rest of the bathroom floor. This gave me the ideal of installing two drains. The first a regular drain in the middle with the floor sloped toward it. The second being a trench drain under the shower door to minimize the amount of water getting out of the shower. I would continue the water proofing beyond the shower and into the bathroom.
Has anyone heard of this being done? Do you think it would work? Any thing wrong with connecting the two drain before the p-trap and having just one p-trap? Any problems I have overlooked?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks