Toto Washlet Electricity

Users who are viewing this thread

Shay

Reaction score
Hello,

Great forum. Thanks to this forum, I purchased the Ultramax 2years ago. I want to attach a Washlet and I am considering either the C110 or the E200. The electrical outlet was just installed and the electrician stated that GFI is not necessary per code in Chicago. Is GFI necessary?

In addition between the C110 or E200, which would you suggest. Drying function is not important but would like to install myself (I know how to use a screwdriver).

Thanks
Shay

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The C110 has the controls at the side and the E200 has a remote that can be attached to a wall.

If you don't need air dry on the E200, then the C110 should be fine. The best part is the warm seat and warm water. For some, air drying may be more of a concern.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ANY electrical outlet near a water source, and especially when you are going to sit on the device being used, should, if not MUST, be a GFCI. Common sense would dictate it, even if the code did not require it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks