Toto Ultramax Korky fill valve replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Jason Jones

Reaction score
I replaced the full valve in my Toto Ultramax yesterday with the Toto branded Korky fill valve for my toilet. Install went fine and it seems to work fine. I set the height and bowl fill based on the instructions.

However, every time it fills up at the very beginning of the water flow for about 3 seconds it sounds like there is air in the water line and there are numerous bubbles in the tank around the fill valve tube to the bottom of the tank. After the 3 seconds the fill finishes quietly and stops as it should.

I have flushed it numerous times thinking there was just air in the line, but it keeps happening.

Is this normal for the Korky or is something defective with it? The previous Toto fill valve (green) did not do this. The water line is open all the way and I have tried closing it some but get the same result.

Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Jason Jones

Reaction score
Is the hose going to the overflow attached to its clip holding it above the tube, or is it pushed down into the tube? It must be above the overflow tube to work properly. If it's below, it's possible it can siphon a bit, which may introduce some air.
I just double checked and the hose is on the metal clip and sitting right above the tube. The hose is on the long side though so maybe I should trim it further.

Jason Jones

Reaction score
Photo of setup.

Attachments

• A1B10BF5-FDB8-4EE3-B4FE-238CC59B3C36.jpeg
    A1B10BF5-FDB8-4EE3-B4FE-238CC59B3C36.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 311

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I have the same issue with our new Clayton and the Toto-branded Korky. This valve doesn't sound like our other 528s and makes exactly the sound you are describing. I cleaned the valve and it made no difference. I'm eventually gonna swap it for a 528MP and see if it makes a difference. I will let you know. It's either the hose to the wall or the fill valve. If you used the same hose, then it's probably the valve.

Jason Jones

Reaction score
I have the same issue with our new Clayton and the Toto-branded Korky. This valve doesn't sound like our other 528s and makes exactly the sound you are describing. I cleaned the valve and it made no difference. I'm eventually gonna swap it for a 528MP and see if it makes a difference. I will let you know. It's either the hose to the wall or the fill valve. If you used the same hose, then it's probably the valve.
Did you ever figure out your issue with this? Mine is still doing it.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I'm staring at a Korky 528 Pro to replace it with. Just haven't done it yet. I will get my butt in gear and do it in the next couple of days, and definitely will let you know if it fixes it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks