TOTO tsu99a.x fill valve takes about 5 times to refill

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Rajadurai Asirvatham, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Rajadurai Asirvatham

Rajadurai Asirvatham New Member

Hello,

Our TOTO tsu99a.x fill valve takes about 5 times to refill and not sure what to do.

Here's the video. Can you please let me know if I have to replace a part or the whole fill valve? Appreciate your help.

Thank you!
    Raj

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    I've found that to be a symptom of the seal in the cap about ready to fail after it gets hard through age or chemical exposure...replacing the cap usually fixes it in my experience, but there's also a little gasket, seal in the float you should make sure is clean while you've got it out. No tools required, about $3, depending on where you buy it, and a few minutes...the first time you do it will take longer. Instructions on the package, and video at the www.korky.com website.

5. Rajadurai Asirvatham

Rajadurai Asirvatham New Member

Thanks Terry and Jim. I'll give it a try.