Toto Nexus or Legato?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Mike Wilson, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Mike Wilson

Mike Wilson New Member

Long time lurker....finally with my own question.

I had been looking at the Legato but like the look of the Nexus skirt better (not too fond of the Legato's velcro side panels). We are leaning toward the 1 piece model for ease of cleaning and the Nexus' solid surface area seems like a nice upgrade over the Legato panels . That being said, I'm more interested in performance and durability of the toilet.

I saw Terry's photo review and have a couple of questions:
    1. Is the Nexus equal to the Legato in terms of waste removal (1.28 gallon model)?
    2. Are the side screw mounting blocks sturdy enough to hold the Nexus in place? They seem kind of small in the picture but presumably they are up for the job.

Thanks in advance for your insights!

-Mike

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    The Nexus and Legato are pretty similar in performance. The side mount screws of the Nexus are similar to the Aquia and have been working fine.
    After the bowl is set and before I install the side screws, I use a drill bit and make a hole in the blocking. I find that the blocks are very hard to screw into if I don't pre-drill.

Reach4 likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Reach4 likes this.
  4. Mike Wilson

Mike Wilson New Member

Thanks, Terry, for the fast response. I hadn't checked the Aquia mounts -- I feel better knowing the Nexus is using something proven.

5. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

I suspect a self-centering drill bit (AKA hinge drill bit) would be useful for drilling a pilot hole for those less practiced or steady.
    [​IMG]