Toto Nexus or Legato?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike Wilson

Reaction score
Long time lurker....finally with my own question.

I had been looking at the Legato but like the look of the Nexus skirt better (not too fond of the Legato's velcro side panels). We are leaning toward the 1 piece model for ease of cleaning and the Nexus' solid surface area seems like a nice upgrade over the Legato panels . That being said, I'm more interested in performance and durability of the toilet.

I saw Terry's photo review and have a couple of questions:
1. Is the Nexus equal to the Legato in terms of waste removal (1.28 gallon model)?
2. Are the side screw mounting blocks sturdy enough to hold the Nexus in place? They seem kind of small in the picture but presumably they are up for the job.

Thanks in advance for your insights!

-Mike

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Nexus and Legato are pretty similar in performance. The side mount screws of the Nexus are similar to the Aquia and have been working fine.
After the bowl is set and before I install the side screws, I use a drill bit and make a hole in the blocking. I find that the blocks are very hard to screw into if I don't pre-drill.

Mike Wilson

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry, for the fast response. I hadn't checked the Aquia mounts -- I feel better knowing the Nexus is using something proven.

Reach4

Reaction score
I suspect a self-centering drill bit (AKA hinge drill bit) would be useful for drilling a pilot hole for those less practiced or steady.
image_25546.jpg

Brian QTL

Reaction score
I'm also thinking of Nexus vs Legato. I think Legato and Nexus bowl on the inside is a little different and also the water surface on Legato is bigger than Nexus. Does bigger water surface makes a big difference in terms of reducing cleaning times? Legato has a water surface of 7-3/4" x 9-3/8" and Nexus has 6-5/8" x 9-1/8". Also the Legato inside bowl is smooth (ie. there's no line and is seamless going down to the hole) and Nexus has some small line (at the water line) that dips a little to the hole.

Having said the difference above, in terms of ease of cleaning, keeping the cleaniness longer, does it matter between Legato vs Nexus?

DIYtry

Reaction score
I'm also thinking of Nexus vs Legato. I think Legato and Nexus bowl on the inside is a little different and also the water surface on Legato is bigger than Nexus. Does bigger water surface makes a big difference in terms of reducing cleaning times? Legato has a water surface of 7-3/4" x 9-3/8" and Nexus has 6-5/8" x 9-1/8". Also the Legato inside bowl is smooth (ie. there's no line and is seamless going down to the hole) and Nexus has some small line (at the water line) that dips a little to the hole.

Having said the difference above, in terms of ease of cleaning, keeping the cleaniness longer, does it matter between Legato vs Nexus?
Also thinking Nexus vs. Legato... any help on the above?

Aesthetically prefer Nexus because the side is completely smooth while the Legato has the plate cover...

DIYtry

Reaction score
Thanks again Terry.

On a different note, what is your opinion on the slim softclose seat (I believe it is the SS234). Looks nice in pics, but is it better?

Mogmatt

Reaction score
I was looking through all skirted Toto toilet options for my install recently. from an aesthetic standpoint I chose the Nexus for its clean lines. having just installed the Nexus, I was not fond of it's anchor system. My install was on top of porcelain tiles. The two plastic anchor pieces on either side of the toilet did not hold the toilet securely in place on my porcelain tiles. it would easily shift on the porcelain flooring. I used toilet shims to keep it from rocking and used caulking in attempt to keep it in place. Reading through the forums there are mixed reviews to the anchoring system where some users reported no issues. Aside from the mounting issue, I love the nexus overall!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks