Toto Aquia IV vs Nexus

Users who are viewing this thread

bathreno

Reaction score
I am looking at the Toto Aquia IV and the Nexus Washlet+ with the S550e and auto-flush. I want a one piece, skirted model. This website has been a great source for understanding the Toto toilets. I like the look and the dual flush function of the Aquia. However, I'm concerned about the flushing technology. Aquia uses the new Dynamax Tornado whereas the Nexus uses the Tornado. I've read here that the latter is better. The new Aquia IV is now available as 1.28/0.9. Has anyone seen the new ones in action? Will I be disappointed by the flushing on the Aquia?

MW6463056CEMFGN(A) - Aquia IV
MW6423056CEFG(A) - Nexus

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
They both have a very small water target and suffer from residual skid marks but those usually wash away. The flush performance is fine on both.
I hate their stupid plastic single screw mounting blocks which require you to secure the toilet with silicone caulk to the floor to prevent movement.
Ballcock and flush mechanism are hard to work on.

bathreno

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, Breplum. Thankfully, an experienced plumber will do the installation. After reading more about the small water surface with the Aquia, I decided to go w/the Nexus. I see more consistent positive reviews for the Nexus vs Aquia.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks