TOTO Legato install question.

Users who are viewing this thread

TCP

Reaction score
Hello I just installed a TOTO Legato toilet which has that plastic unifit adapter with the rubber diaphragm. My question is when I set the toilet it seems to have only pushed down on the ring and I'm not sure if it's set correctly. I did hear and feel a small pop like it set but when I look with a mirror it looks like it's just pushed down. For those familiar with this toilet you can see the unfinished ring on the bowl to get an idea of how deep it went.

EF1C0269-8A08-4C6E-B6A6-6F5B4C67CEEE.jpeg
33660FD1-4733-450D-A7A1-98CEB7A31C46.jpeg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The bowl dropped to the floor. You're done. :)
Well............I still use Polyseamseal clear around the bowl most of the way, leaving it out at the back some.

TCP

Reaction score
Yes I plan to silicone around it once I got the ok from you guys! Having the bolts on the back pulling up on a plastic piece doesn't give it much stability.... Also wanted to use it for a few days in case there were leaks. The flange I had existing was like a two piece that had a rubber ring that needed to be compressed by making up on four bolts. Wasn't sure how to tight to make it so that was another concern of mine.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't use Silicone. If you ever have to pull the bowl, it's nearly impossible.
If the bowl rocks, then it gets shimmed until it doesn't rock. The nut and washers at the back get snugged, but they won't hold a bowl that is rocking.

TCP

Reaction score
I don't use Silicone. If you ever have to pull the bowl, it's nearly impossible.
If the bowl rocks, then it gets shimmed until it doesn't rock. The nut and washers at the back get snugged, but they won't hold a bowl that is rocking.
Yes I saw your old post about this and I'm going back to the hardware store tomorrow to pick up some of the seam seal. I did put two very thin shims in the front and made sure the bowl did not rock before snuging down the two bolts in the back.

Can the seam seal be used on my vanity top that will see water splashes daily? Basically sealing the countertop to the wall and vessel to the countertop so nothing underwater.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I prefer to shim the back of the bowl, pinning the front down so there isn't a gap there in front. If things are out of level at all, it's better to have the back high anyway. More water in the bowl that way.
The polyseamseal would be fine for the cabinet and vessel too. I like that's it a water cleanup that turns clear the next day.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks