Toto Entrada flapper issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Rmk9785e

Reaction score
Our 3 year old TOTO CST244EF#01 Entrada toilet has started having problems. It does not fully flush without holding the lever down and then it does not close unless the lever is tapped. Should replacing the flapper fix it or does it require more? Is THU500S the correct replacement part for it?
Thank you.

thu500s.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The replacement flush lever for the Entrada is THU0068, it may be sticking.
Pretty much any 3" flapper works with the Entrada.

st243e-inside-tank.jpg

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
It does not fully flush without holding the lever down and then it does not close unless the lever is tapped. Should replacing the flapper fix it or does it require more?
Is the second photo yours? The chain may be too slack, and I am not sure if the chain is pulling close to straight up. It may be the angle of the photo. I would wonder if using the hole one closer to the lever might be better if that pulls closer to straight up.

and then it does not close unless the lever is tapped.
Does the lever stick?

If you get a new flapper, I would opt for one that is adjustable.

Rmk9785e

Reaction score
Thank you all for your ideas.
Is the second photo yours? The chain may be too slack, and I am not sure if the chain is pulling close to straight up. It may be the angle of the photo. I would wonder if using the hole one closer to the lever might be better if that pulls closer to straight up.
Does the lever stick?
I've attached image of our tank. We have not changed anything.
Does not appear to be sticking. How do I figure out if the lever is sticking? I checked and found the lever has the same play on all our toilets of this model.

If you get a new flapper, I would opt for one that is adjustable.
Did you mean something like Fluidmaster 5403P4 Adjustable flapper rather than the Toto THU500S?

IMG_0666.jpg

Rmk9785e

Reaction score
The replacement flush lever for the Entrada is THU0068, it may be sticking.

You definitely need a new flush lever based on your issue of friction after flush.

Thank you both for guiding me in the right direction. It is the lever knob that is broken (photo attached). Which lever should I buy THU0068 or THU400#CP which is listed in Toto Entrada parts catalog? Or should I buy an Eljer as mentioned in a different thread? It looks like Toto could improve on the design of this knob so it does not break.

Lever knob.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks