Toto Eco Ultramax installation

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Vince B, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Vince B

Vince B New Member

Hello I'm going to be installing a new Toto Eco Ultramax one piece toilet. I was able to remove the old toilet fine but I had a few questions since this will be my 1st installation ever. I was really confused about what type of seal to use. Wax versus wax less. I was really afraid that I was going to screw up they wax seal since it is a heavy one piece toilet. I'm definitely leaning towards using that because of what I read that is the best for long term leak free use. Since the removal of the original toilet a new floating floor was put in so now the flange sits just a little bit lower than the top of the floor. I have attached a picture to better get an idea of where it sits. My question is should I just use one thick wax ring or should I use a regular and thick or just a plain regular. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    With that, one thick wax, or two rings stacked. If I use two rings, I do a regular ring, and then drop a horn wax over that.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Vince B

Vince B New Member

Thank you for the quick response Terry I have one final question. If I use just a single thicker ring I presume I would want to use a ring with no horn because I have heard of problems with using just a single wax ring with a horn. Thank you again for all of your professional advice.