Toto Eco Ultramax installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Vince B

Reaction score
Hello I'm going to be installing a new Toto Eco Ultramax one piece toilet. I was able to remove the old toilet fine but I had a few questions since this will be my 1st installation ever. I was really confused about what type of seal to use. Wax versus wax less. I was really afraid that I was going to screw up they wax seal since it is a heavy one piece toilet. I'm definitely leaning towards using that because of what I read that is the best for long term leak free use. Since the removal of the original toilet a new floating floor was put in so now the flange sits just a little bit lower than the top of the floor. I have attached a picture to better get an idea of where it sits. My question is should I just use one thick wax ring or should I use a regular and thick or just a plain regular. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20190123_192457.jpg
    20190123_192457.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 263

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
With that, one thick wax, or two rings stacked. If I use two rings, I do a regular ring, and then drop a horn wax over that.

Last edited:

Vince B

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response Terry I have one final question. If I use just a single thicker ring I presume I would want to use a ring with no horn because I have heard of problems with using just a single wax ring with a horn. Thank you again for all of your professional advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks