Toto Drake Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Lykele

Reaction score
I just installed a Toto Drake toilet and everything is fine. Like many others I am very pleased. I do have one question.

Occasionally, some people will make reference to a two step flush. In other words, pressing the handle quickly uses less water than holding it down a bit longer. Is this true?

The reason I ask is because the only documentation I have is the installation instructions and I can find no reference to this feature. Although, maybe it is a feature of all new toilets and I'm 20 years behind the times! Plus it uses so much less water than my old toilet that I can't really detect the difference.

So ... are there two flush options?

Thanks. Jim

Toto Drake Installation instructions

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
This is true of nearly all toilets manufacturered. It is designed to be flushed by pressing the handle down all the way, not flicking it. You can be pretty much assured it will flush anything in there away with that procedure as designed. Anything else may produce erratic results. But, like many things, with practice, you could probably get it to do what you want. In other words, no, it is not designed to be a two-stage flush. They do make them, the Aquia is one, but it uses an entirely different flush valve with two different buttons (one brand has you pull up for one and down for two).

bg

Reaction score
I haven't tried that 2 step deal, but I am so happy with
the Drake I installed close to a year ago, I wouldn't
hesitate to get another. It handles end business with
ease. Glad I came here to Terry's place to find out
about these things. Saved me a huge pain in the
butt..;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks