Toto Convert With Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

tonyblaze

Reaction score
I currently have a Kohler toilet that clogs constantly and want to convert to a Toto model from the excellent advice on this forum. I want an elongated bowl at ADA height. What is the difference between the Drake, Drake II , and UltraMax ? Irregardless of bells and whistles I want the most powerful flush - my whole family has toilet fatigue. Secondly, I contacted all of the resellers listed on Toto's website for my area (Northeast Ohio) and none had any of the models in tan. Any suggestions on a good place to order one from? Thanks in advance.

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
I believe you are looking for a bone coloured fixture...not tan. All three of those models are more or less the same flushing performance. The ultramax is a once piece unit. The Drake II is the only standard ADA unit, but my supplier will sell me a regular Drake with a special ADA height bowl. Elongated toilets don't clean the bowl as well as round toilets, but are still my preferred choice. I prefer the ultramax the least. All three have a similar water spot.

I guess it just depends on your choice of design.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have only experience with Toto Drakes and they are excellent, but I know the others models are very good as well. Bone is the color you want. It's a light beige and will match other manufactures beige fixtures very closely. I can tell you that the Drake was originally designed for commercial use, so it is a workhorse for sure. I don't have Sanigloss, but I find no problem with cleaning the occasional streak. Often 3 or 4 facial tissue and a flush will clear them. Otherwise a quick swirl with a brush is all it takes. Never have had a clog in over 2 years on one and 1 year on the other.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Skid marks are a function of diet and how and where you sit on the toilet...CEFIONTECT is smoother, so it washes off easier (like a waxed car releases stuff easier). The Drake II should be easier to clean, but neither is hard nor does it need it much.