Alternative to Toto

Users who are viewing this thread

superhunter

Reaction score
I am building a new home that has six bathrooms. We are doing a wall mounted smart toilet in the master, probably a Crosswater Ressa. In three of the other bathrooms, I want to have a heated seat and maybe bidet and would probably get a third party seat. I was looking at Toto Drake II, but as many have commented, the stock seat is terrible with the slanted seat base. All the males in my family are 6'4" to 6'8" and it seems uncomfortable for tall people (and beyond just the sharped edged stock seats, almost seems like its not a full elongated).

I know the Drake IIs that have T20 or T40 at the end of the model number have a 3rd hole for the electrical wire to run through to a powered seat. Question is what are the Toto alternatives that have a hole in the seat base to run power to a bidet type seat where you dont have an electrical wire running down the side of the toilet? I would like to go try one or two alternatives out, but its very hard to research this (even emailing the manufacturers, their support staff don't seem to be able to understand the question).

Last edited:

Peterson

Reaction score
I would go with a Kohler Highline Tall toilet if the people in your family are that tall. The bowl is 19 inches tall and is elongated. With a seat, it will probably make it 20 inches. They work great!

I don't really know anything about bidets, but If you really want a bidet seat, I'm sure there are some bidet attachments that could connect to the toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks