Toto Carlyle vs. Toto Ultramax: Capacity?

Users who are viewing this thread

MGT_M

Reaction score
Hello--
A couple of years ago we installed a Toto Carlyle in our downstairs bathroom. I chose a Toto because my husband is a champion toilet-clogger, and chose the Carlyle because I had only a 10" rough in to work with.

For the most part the Carlyle has worked well, but my husband still manages to clog it once in a while. (Not nearly as often as with the old toilet, though.)

Now we are getting ready to do put a new toilet in the upstairs. This bathroom has a normal 12" rough-in. This means more choices of toilets--- I am considering the UltraMax, but I want to get something with at least equal capacity to the Carlyle. How do they compare? (The upstairs almost never clogs anyway, probably due to the bigger "drop" from upstairs to the sewer but I want to be sure.)

Thanks,
M

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The ADA Ultramax would be the better of the two, MS854114SL
The added 2" from bowl to floor helps.

Though more then half of the Toto lines is Carlyle or better.
Carlyle is in the middle of the Toto as far as performance. A little plus or minus.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks