Toto Aquia III Installation Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

newbie1

Reaction score
I'm going to install a Toto Aquia III on Tuesday and have some basic questions. I've done quite a bit of research and it seems that I should do the following:

-use a 5/16" ceramic drill bit (I've got tile in the bathroom) instead of the 1/4" recommended by Toto
-use a 20" flexible hose instead of a 12" flexible house
-install the actual seat before you slide the toilet onto the mounting brackets

Am I missing anything else? Any other tips to make the installation go more smootly? I remember reading something about using different bolts that the one Toto provides... can anyone vouch for this?

Also, I have some other quick questions:

1) Is there a particular brand of wax ring that is the best/highest quality, or are they all they same?
2) Is there a brand of flexible house that is the best/highest quality, or are they all the same?
3) Should I put a new wax ring on, or can I just use the old one from the old toilet (we didn't have any problems with any leaks on that one)?

Thanks in advance, especially to Terry for this tremendous site!

Complete Instructions for the Aquia written by Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Use the steel flex hoses, not the plastic. Do not use the Watts brand that have the anti-flood feature. If your flange is on top of the finished floor, a standard size wax ring, any brand, is all you need. Do not get the type with the plastic funnel. You must use a new ring as they are compressed when installed. An old one probably would not seal. Use stainless steel screws on the flange. Use you body weight to push the toilet into the wax ring. When the toilet is in contact with the floor all the way around, your there. The two flange bolts are just to hold the toilet from shifting, not to pull the toilet into the wax. Do not over tighten them.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Jamie wrote his instructions here

Installing an Aquia

For the Aquia, buy one of the Toto Softclose seats.
Most are using the SS114 softclose.

Use the seat toggles that Toto provides with the Aquia.
The seat goes on last.

Always use new wax.

Always use a new supply. The 16" should work fine.
We use the stainless braided supplies on those.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks