Toto AP vs EP

Users who are viewing this thread

ToiletChallenged

Reaction score
According to Toto Customer Service the only difference between the AP and EP is cosmetic (due to the “cutouts” on the sides of the EP.) Does anyone have any practical experience with both who can confirm this or point to any pros/cons of one vs. the other?

Thanks!

ap-and-ep-wall-mount-bowls.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If that hole was big enough for a spare roll of TP, that would be handy. I am confident it is not.
Use the mounting bolt as an anchor for a plate that extends beyond the profile of the toilet at the height of the recess with a post that holds TP at a right angle from the wall. The TP would be partially hidden inside that recess.

570 Explorer

Reaction score
Thank you Terry!
Another question
I've read quite a few bad reviews of Toto's new 1.28G Dynamax Tornado Flush vs the older 1.6G Dual-Max Flush on the Maris
What is your opinion?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cant say Which Totos are best. I installed a ton of them when I never heard of them around 20 some years ago and found them to be quite good so Ive thought highly of them for that long. I dont have rescent experiance of newer ones

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You will have some complaining that they are not five gallon bowls, and others that are okay with that.
I've worked with a few of the EP bowls, and haven't done the AP yet that secures with the rod tools from below the bowl yet.
They do save a lot of space and I have considered installing one for my small Master shower/WC room.
The Geberit in-wall unit should take both the Geberit bowls and the TOTO bowls.

ap-washlet-01.jpg

ap-washlet-SW2047T20_GAL_01.jpg

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Took me a minute to realize smaller pipe in the picture in #16 is the water from the in-wall tank.

570 Explorer

Reaction score
You will have some complaining that they are not five gallon bowls, and others that are okay with that.
I've worked with a few of the EP bowls, and haven't done the AP yet that secures with the rod tools from below the bowl yet.
They do save a lot of space and I have considered installing one for my small Master shower/WC room.
The Geberit in-wall unit should take both the Geberit bowls and the TOTO bowls.

View attachment 85574

View attachment 85576
Any complaints about keeping the EP toilet bowl clean after #2?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Toto had me replace a wall hung for a customer to replace an older EP with a newer version with the Tornado flush. No first hand knowledge besides installing and flushing it a few times. Definitely like the Tornado flush better than the rim jets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks