TOTO 528 trouble

Users who are viewing this thread

Greg925

Reaction score
Hi. I've got an OEM green-topped Toto 528 in my toilet. It's recently started to run all all the time as though the water line were set too high. I popped the green piece off to watch, and the float seems to engage, but maybe it's not fully closing the valve? If I press down slightly between the hinges, it seems to slow a bit - I think because I'm putting more direct pressure on the valve. Maybe there's a worn out gasket?

He's a couple photos so you can see what I'm working with. (I've currently got the shut-off valve closed to stop wasting water).
20221219_144556_HDR.jpg

20221219_144603.jpg

Do i just need a complete replacement valve, or is there some adjustment I can make? (Is there a user serviceable gasket?) Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can try replacing the cap, R528

korky-r528-cap-terrylove-01.jpg

korky-r528.jpg

That would be the quick and easy fix. If that doesn't work then replace the fill valve, either a Korky replacement of a Fluidmaster.

st243e-inside-tank.jpg

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
More often than not, it is the black float which has a poorly designed tiny rubber gasket.
Unfortunately ,they don't sell a float...so buy any cheap new Korky or Hunter even Toto (which is same but expensive, pinch the float off and swap out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks