Toilet tank issue and water shutoff valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Milka89

Reaction score
Good evening,

I apologize in advance but I have a couple of not very smart questions I was hoping would be easy for some of the experts here to answer.

1) A couple of times in the last year (several months apart), after flushing the toilet I would hear some unusual dripping sounds coming from inside the tank. I would open it and see that water from the "fill tube"was dripping outside the "overflow" tube". After I shut off the water supply and turned it back on, the issue would fix itself. But I am wondering if there is an explanation for why this happens, and if there is a way to prevent it in the future?

2) I am attaching a photo of my toilet water shutoff valve in the "on" position. Is this a normal "on" position?? The water flows, but I can't remember if it was this way before or if it was pointing all the way up (when I turned it back on, this was the farthest I could get it to turn but I am not sure if this is how it should be or if I should keep pushing)

Thank you so much for any and all replies and for your time.

Attachments

• Water valve.jpg
    Water valve.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 74

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
debris can get stuck in the ball preventing it from opening all the way I wouldnt force it , Id probebly disconect supply from the fill valve and turning valve on and off while pointed in a bucket see if it clears . It should be fully open

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks