Toilet connection

Users who are viewing this thread

BrianL

Reaction score
Hello All,

Getting ready to re-tile my bathroom. Need to add some plywood, and will have cement board and tile on top. Is there an extension I can add to this, or do I need to cut out, extend the pipe, and add a new connector (sorry, I cant think of the name of this thing)? I am assuming this is a solvent-welded piece, so do I cut from the inside of the pipe? I have not screwed down the new plywood yet, in case I need to do anything different.

Thanks,

--Brian

Attachments

• IMG_7291.jpg
    IMG_7291.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 297

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Wish you had come here first...yes, you can add extensions to the flange. The better way to do this would have been to cut it out, raise it up, then run the ply, cbu, and tile under where the rim of the flange would be, then install the flange. Ideally, the flange is installed on top of the finished floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks