Takagi Vent Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Joseph Skoler

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Takagi TK-110U to install.

takagi-tk-110u-1.jpg

Venting with be to the side about 2' through an external wall using a wall thimble and sidewall termination kit (9008004005).

Do I need the Universal Appliance Adapter (F-F adapter, condensate drain, & back-flow preventer) (9008146005)?

I'm specifically interested in whether I need the condensate drain (of if I can just plug it off and it will drain out the sidewall vent terminator(hood))?

Thank you!

https://www.takagi.com/media/59163/100269776.pdf

Fitter30

Reaction score
Backflow needed for freezing weathered. Condensate drain not needed if less than 5'. Look at this fitting 90* with thimble 9008899005 page 10

Joseph Skoler

Reaction score
Backflow needed for freezing weathered. Condensate drain not needed if less than 5'. Look at this fitting 90* with thimble 9008899005 page 10

I do have that 90*, as well as the 3 in 1 F-F/Condensate/Backflow fitting.

And, it's less than 5' to (and through) the external wall.

I'd really prefer to not have to put a hose on the condensate port on the fitting, but I'm concerned that if I just cap it (or stub with cap), it will fill up with condensate instead of just drain out the end of the vent.

Thank you!

Bannerman

Reaction score
Condensing appliance exhaust vents are typically required to drain back toward the appliance. Any condensate that does form within your short exhaust run, should drain back into the WH, to be discharged through the condensate drain connection at the bottom of the WH.

The fitting with the drain port is intended for longer exhaust runs where there is likely to be a larger volume of condensate forming within the piping. The other purpose is to drain away rain water that may enter the vent when discharged vertically above the roof.

Joseph Skoler

Reaction score
The Takagi TK-110U is a non-condensing WH.

The manual just says the condensate vent adapter is needed for runs of 5' or greater.

No other mention of dealing with condensate.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks