Stem valve removal mystery Help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

JazzJohn

Reaction score
Anyone know the manufacturer or where to find a stem valve wrench for this fixture?

20181010_074643.jpg
Screenshot_20181010-094850.jpg
20181010_074703.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Normally there is an six sided portion of the stem behind the tile that allows the use of a long socket wrench.

Last edited:

JazzJohn

Reaction score
Normally there is an eight sided portion of the stem behind the tile that allows the use of a long socket wrench.
Yes, we can see the eight sided portion ( the "nut") in the photo but the stem is very long. Would you happen to know the brand of the faucet or the size of the nut? Thanks.

JazzJohn

Reaction score
Yes, it's s 6 sided, not 8. But it looks smaller than 0.656" which is the smallest in the set. I don't have a way to measure it before it's removed.

JazzJohn

Reaction score
Yes, it's s 6 sided, not 8. But it looks smaller than 0.656" which is the smallest in the set. I don't have a way to measure it before it's removed.
SOLVED (Maybe!) I was able to somewhat measure it and it does seem like the 21/32 " wrench will work.

Thanks for the responses.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks