Standard Shower Pan Size Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Tonyscarface

Reaction score
My mom's worn-out shower pan appears to be 28" X 48". With the exception of Alibaba, a search of the interwebs reveals no such beast. Can I get this size and if so, where? Thanks for any guidance.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
48 x 32 is more common and now I see 48 x 30 can be had too.
You can also have one custom made from a poured marble mix or tiled mud set pan.

Tonyscarface

Reaction score
48 x 32 is more common and now I see 48 x 30 can be had too.
You can also have one custom made from a poured marble mix or tiled mud set pan.

Thanks very much for that, Terry. All taken into consideration. I'd love to push the easy button and do a swap so if anyone can point me in the direction of a source for 48 x 30 (or darn near close), like all information, it's appreciated.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
What's on the walls? It's often hard to impossible to remove an existing pan without tearing out at least part of the walls, and then, you might as well update the whole thing.

If you decide to do it with tiled surfaces, check out www.johnbridge.com.

You have to figure out how to tie any moisture management between the walls and the pan, too.

I think the code says the shower pan size must accommodate at a minimum, a 30" diameter circle, so one with a 28" dimension may no longer be legal.

Tonyscarface

Reaction score
What's on the walls? It's often hard to impossible to remove an existing pan without tearing out at least part of the walls, and then, you might as well update the whole thing.

If you decide to do it with tiled surfaces, check out www.johnbridge.com.

You have to figure out how to tie any moisture management between the walls and the pan, too.

I think the code says the shower pan size must accommodate at a minimum, a 30" diameter circle, so one with a 28" dimension may no longer be legal.

Thank you. That's great information.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks