Speakman Sentinel shower valve 57-RS

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Speakman Sentinel shower valve 57-RS, which I believe uses the G05-0218-MO valve body parts.

speakman-2022-04.jpg
speakman-2022-03.jpg
speakman-2022-02.jpg
speakman-2022-01.jpg
speakman-G05-0218-MO.jpg

speakman-2022-05.jpg
speakman-2022-06.jpg

BobM99

Reaction score
Hi, the first 4 photos are what I posted to another forum. I appreciate the parts hint. Do you know how I can find these parts? The valve block is very expensive. Do I need to purchase the entire block? Thanks

Bob

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hi, the first 4 photos are what I posted to another forum. I appreciate the parts hint. Do you know how I can find these parts? The valve block is very expensive. Do I need to purchase the entire block? Thanks

Bob
Hi Bob,
I did the best I could, but I'm hoping that others will be able to add to this.

speakman-rpgo5-0528.jpg

This may do it.

You might want to consider replacing the valve. Most plumbers have never seen one of these. I hadn't.

Last edited:

BobM99

Reaction score
Hi,

You hit the nail on the head. This is the information Speakman sent:

This is our S-1735. This unit is obsolete and parts are limited. I would recommend that the unit be opened and cleaned. I would remove the pistons and clean them with a cheese cloth. I would also clean the chambers that they go in with a cheese cloth as well. There are also some washers that can be replaced. I would double up on them they are thin. If this does not restore the unit to working order you will need to replace the valve block assembly.

G05-0218-MO (valve block assembly)

RPG45-0011 (seals & washers) use this number G99-0073-MO

RPG15-0063 (yoke & plungers) discontinued

RPG07-0004 (piston cap)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks