[SOLVED] Can't raise temp above 110 on Navien 240a

Users who are viewing this thread

guido

Reaction score
My wife took a shower in the bathroom right next to our tankless, and the handle is broken or something, she was screaming because of scalding water. So I run and turn down the tankless temp from 118 to 100.

Afterwards I want to turn it back, but it sticks at 110. I figured some safety feature.

Now a day later I want to take a bath elsewhere in the house and I try to turn it back up, but it's still stuck at 110. It just flashes "110" plus arrow does nothing.

I try to search on this forum and piles of manuals. The only clue I found is in http://condensingsaves.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2_20026535C_Eng_NPE-Operation-Manual.pdf

"If a hot water faucet is open, you can adjust the temperature only from 98-110°F (37-43°C)."

There are definitely no faucets open at all - what's going on here?

Is there an override?

I read something on the forum about lime alarm dip switches, I already tried those - that wasn't it unfortunately.

Thanks for reading!

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Did you try hitting the RESET button? That may or may not restore the default output temperature to the original 120F, but it's worth a try.

If you have a hot water recirculation system with the pump running the water heater would sense that as an open faucet.

guido

Reaction score
@Dana, thanks for the suggestions. What I tried is again dipswitch 2 to turn circulation off, but this time I waited longer before trying it again. No luck -- BUT! Then I recalled the circulation pump has a valve. I found that left of the circulation pump, gave that a 90 degrees turn and then I was able to put it back up!

After that I put the valve back, and put dip switch 2 back up.

Going to let it be for a while now and then I'll try to see if my water is nice and hot again.

Thank you for taking the time to respond!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks