Size Of PVC Pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by winesalot, Feb 14, 2020 at 10:36 PM.

1. winesalot

winesalot Member

Hi. I need to figure out what size pipe I should us to run water from one end of the building to another.

Here are the details. Service comes in to the building from and underground 2" PVC pipe at 44 psi. (Gravity fed from a cistern) I will run the pipe up to the interior wall to the roofline, then suspend it from the steel purlins and run it 130 feet to a small commercial kitchen and two public bathrooms. I don't mind erring on oversizing it but don't want to be ridiculous about it. My number one concern is I don't want a momentary loss of pressure when some one flushes a toilet or turns on water at a sink.

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    2" may be overkill on that. Are you using tank toilets or flushometers, because those are sized differently.

This chart is 50 to 80 for PEX

[​IMG]

And 40 to 60 for copper sizing

[​IMG]

PVC is fine for an underground water service, but not for inside.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. winesalot

winesalot Member

We’ll be using tank toilets.

I’m not sure what that chart is telling me. Can you explain what I am looking at?