Size Of PVC Pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

winesalot

Reaction score
Hi. I need to figure out what size pipe I should us to run water from one end of the building to another.

Here are the details. Service comes in to the building from and underground 2" PVC pipe at 44 psi. (Gravity fed from a cistern) I will run the pipe up to the interior wall to the roofline, then suspend it from the steel purlins and run it 130 feet to a small commercial kitchen and two public bathrooms. I don't mind erring on oversizing it but don't want to be ridiculous about it. My number one concern is I don't want a momentary loss of pressure when some one flushes a toilet or turns on water at a sink.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
2" may be overkill on that. Are you using tank toilets or flushometers, because those are sized differently.

This chart is 50 to 80 for PEX

ipc_water_size_50.jpg

And 40 to 60 for copper sizing

pipe_size_2.jpg

PVC is fine for an underground water service, but not for inside.

winesalot

Reaction score
We’ll be using tank toilets.

I’m not sure what that chart is telling me. Can you explain what I am looking at?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks