Single Handle Shower Set Screw Broken Can't remove handle

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Gerdii5, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Gerdii5

Gerdii5 New Member

Hey everyone,

I've scoured the forums here but haven't been able to find an answer. I have a Glacier Bay single handle shower set. I need to replace the shower cartridge. I went to unscrew the set screw and it was stuck. I put a little muscle to it and the extra torque just twisted it off, breaking the screw in place. I had to insert the allen wrench through a tiny hole to reach the set screw. I can't get a drill bit in place to extract the screw because of the odd angle created by the handle. Any suggestions? I want to avoid breaking the handle. Thanks in advance.

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    If you can't drill out the set screw, I don't see much else you can do except to pick up a new trim set for that, and then destroy what you need to get the handle off. They do make new trims, so it's not like a horrible thing if you put some new parts on.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement