Shower/Tub Combo - Intermitent Drip

Users who are viewing this thread

greggor36

Reaction score
Hello - I have a Shower/Tub combo and recently my tub spout has been dripping a little water. Not a consistent drip. Just a little water appears in my tub every day. I have replaced both the cartridge assembly and tub spout but a little water still appears. Does anyone have any idea as to what is causing this and how I can fix it? I even had my water pressure checked and it is within the set pressure limits.

I have a Delta Monitor 14 Series Valve - Model#: T14051 (http://www.deltafaucet.com/bath/details/T14051.html) with the following Cartridge Assembly - 1300/1400 Series (https://www.deltafaucet.com/repairparts/details/RP19804) and Delta Faucet RP17453 Tub Spout for Pull-Down Diverter

delta-rp17453-terrylove-2.jpg

Thank you for any and all help!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you have used the shower head, it takes 35 minutes to completely drain down.
Does it drip all day? Or does it stop?

delta-rp19804-blue.jpg

Last edited:

greggor36

Reaction score
Thank you for replying! The strange thing is I haven't used the shower sprayer/head in weeks. It only drips out like a few drops then stops. Kind of like a release of water. Then it won't do it again for another 1/2 day or so. Could it be water is getting backed up into the shower hose while running the faucet then it's draining back out later? It's not a lot of water to worry but it still baffles me that it's occurring. I'm really stumped!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks