Shower head and mixing Valve on exterior wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Rex Man

Reaction score
I have attached a picture of the space i have to work with.

I live in Detroit Mi.

So brainstorming a shower layout ideas, and the best idea i like that i have came up with is putting the shower head and valves on the exterior wall in this picture. Directly across from that i would have build a half wall with a bench and have the glass doors open, I would have my my mixing valve to turn on the shower offset (closer to the glass door) so i can reach in and turn on the shower before i get in and avoid getting sprayed on every time.

I don't like the thought of putting having the valves and supply line on the exterior wall for the risk of them freezing. These are 2x4 walls. But i really do not want to part ways with this shower layout.

So i was thinking about spraying the exterior wall with closed cell spray foam for as much as i needed to and whatever anyone recommends ( maybe 4 inches?). My thoughts then would be to frame a wall right over this exterior wall to run my valves and supply lines. A plus to this idea as well, i would be could have a near perfect sqaure wall to build a shower off of.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 452
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks