Bathroom Drain/Vent Design Help

Users who are viewing this thread

littlebrittle

Reaction score
I have a new bathroom that I'm having trouble figuring out the drains for. Here are the specs:
Dimensions: 11' x 5'
Construction: 2x4 framing, raised foundation (decent crawlspace), 2 exterior walls (indicated in image with orange)
Fixtures: (left to right) shower, toilet, sink
Existing plumbing: 4" sewer line capped off under subfloor, 2" vent pipe capped off through roof

At first I imagined a simple wet vent system running a 2"vent up from the sink drain, but then realized that I probably shouldn't notch/bore an exterior wall top plate that is only 2x4. So my next thought was running a 2" vent up through the non-load bearing wall, but I'm having trouble imagining how to connect the sink vent if not above the ceiling joists.

Another idea I had was I could run the 2" vent up from the sink, pop out of the exterior wall, and back in under the eave, then finally connect to the pipe jack in the roof. I have some C channel on the exterior already for A/C plumbing so it could be covered. Essentially it would going around the top plate, but I don't know if that would be up to code.

Here is an image to better explain the layout. Does anyone have any recommendations for a drain/vent system for this bathroom?

Attachments

• bathroom-drains.jpg
    bathroom-drains.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 77
  • bathroom-drains2.jpg
    bathroom-drains2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 53
  • bathroom-drains3.jpg
    bathroom-drains3.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

littlebrittle

Reaction score
I'm realizing it might be difficult to put a cleanout on the interior wall upright vent. Is it sufficient to clean through the toilet or shower drain? I imagine a small snake would have no trouble getting through the trap if a cleanout isn't required. I have one upstream on the drain already.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks