Shower fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

Zxed

Reaction score
My kohler thermostatic valve states that the bottom out is for a tub spout only I was going to hook my body sprays there.. But I will do what the instructions state

1. If the bottom will not be connected to a tub spout, it must be plugged

What do you use to plug it? The valve takes in threaded pieces, do I get a brass threaded nipple + cap and screw it all together with the plumbers tape? Or do you get something that's threaded on one end and terminated on the other?

2. Install water arrestors

The thermostatic valve doesn't have a shutoff, it needs to be used with volume control valves, should I install the arrestors on a Copper T before each control valve? Or should I install the arrestors where ever it is easiest?

It would be ideal to install them somehere that I can get to if they die and I uses threaded arrestors..... But it doesn't matter that much,. Never had an issue with water hammers before

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Unless they recommend hammer arresters, I'm not too sure you really need them. Won't hurt. Pick a quality one, and you should neer need to replace it. You can buy a brass plug - it's solid, threaded, and then just tape and/or dope it up and screw it in.

Zxed

Reaction score
Unless they recommend hammer arresters, I'm not too sure you really need them. Won't hurt. Pick a quality one, and you should neer need to replace it. You can buy a brass plug - it's solid, threaded, and then just tape and/or dope it up and screw it in.

thank you

For connecting the hot and cold copper pipes to the shower valve and the out (top) I need threaded nipples, do I get these in copper?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

For maximum flow, I would either connect everything to the bottom opening, it has a larger inlet port, and plug/cap the top, or tie the bottom and top together before the volume control valves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks